Want to have Moving Success?
17 Mar 2022
Moving success is a complicated subject to determine. Everyone wants a fruitful moving experience, but what secret tips increase the moving success percentage? The number one open secret is using moving services from a professional international moving company like Asian Tigers to help you organize your move. Being able to tap into the latest industry knowledge with a professional mover will significantly save you time, money, and a lot of stress.
Here are some other tips that can help you to achieve moving success:
1. Start as soon as possible and give yourself more time than you imagine. No matter how well you plan, life has a way of getting in the manner
and throwing challenges at us. You’ll have more time to cope with the unexpected by starting early.
2. Take some time off work and get someone to look after your children so you can have some undisturbed time to get things done.
3. Have a dedicated file to track and store move–related information. Some information you might want to include in your moving file:
- Furniture measurements – If you’re shipping furniture, it’s good to have this information handy when you’re house-hunting. Will your furniture fit through stairwells, doors, in rooms, etc.?
- Contact details – it’s good to have stored together contact details for important people and organisations related to your move such as your moving company.
- Change of address list – After you settle into your new home, you will need to update your address with many people and companies. This list will come in handy when it’s time for you to move again in the future.
4. Group all your essential personal documents in advance. Things can get moved around a lot in the lead to a big move, and the last thing you want is to be worrying about where your passport or birth certificate is. By storing everything together grouping them in a safe place, you’re less likely to lose track of these essential documents.
5. Declutter! Moving is a great opportunity to throw away anything that you no longer need or use. The less clutter you have, the easier it will be to settle into your new home.
6. Clean items and undertake any necessary maintenance, both for things you are moving and anything you might have going into storage- clean furniture, rugs, and appliances. Sea shipments can take several weeks to several months between being packed and delivered, and the conditions are often not kind to dirt and stains. Also, you won’t want to move dusty or dirty things into your new place.
7. Clean your new home before you start moving anything in. It is much difficult to clean after all your furniture and other items have been moved in
8. Maintain a healthy lifestyle during your moving period. Keep exercising and eating well; these can help you improve your sleeping quality. Sleep well to have full energy to cope with all the changes you experience with your move.
9. Reserve a temporary accommodation beforehand, so you’re not trying to finish up your move-out from your previous home and relocation on the same day!
10. Create a folder for information related to your new home. The folder should store all the copies of your lease, insurance, phone and internet contracts, utility providers, etc. By keeping everything in one place, it will be quick and easy to find what you need when it’s time to move again or any other time you need to access the information.
If you would like assistance with shipping or relocation support, contact your local Asian Tigers office or reach out to us via our online contact form.
If you found this article interesting, you might also be interested in taking a look at The Best Souvenirs to Remember Your Expat Experience; Learn From My Shipping Mistakes (So You Don’t Make Them Too), Set Yourself Up For A Successful Expat Experience, and Expat Life – Moving Abroad During Covid-19.