It’s Time to Move……
19 Aug 2020
Feel overwhelmed? Don’t know where to start? Let Asian Tigers break it down step-by-step in this brief, high-level overview:
1. Create a “shortlist” of movers:
- A good way is to ask your friends for their recommendations. Of course, we hope you’ll include us in this group.
- Call each one to schedule an in-home survey.
2. Request an In-home Survey:
- This is critically important; you’ll get a feel one way or the other about how professional the moving company is.
- Ask questions of the surveyor, and expect he/she will, in turn, ask you many questions.
- Use one of the many moving checklists below to help you stay on top of things.
3. Be available on moving day
- Be at home when the movers arrive. In fact, be at home as much as you can during packing to answer questions as they pop up – and questions will pop up.
- Communication is vital: What time will the crew arrive? What time will they leave? What’s lunch hour? What bathroom can they use?
4. Your goods are moving now…….
- We’ll be available to help you and answer questions as they arise.
- We’ll provide you with a regular update on shipping schedules, arrival dates, etc.
5. What to expect on delivery to your new home:
- We will unpack your goods for you, so relax.
- Again, it’s a good idea if you can be there when your goods arrive. You’ll be asked to sign the packing list that verifies all boxes are present and accounted for.
- We will remove the debris. (Empty boxes and packing materials)
6. If you need ongoing support:
- Once delivery is finished, we will still be there to aid and assist you.
- Enjoy your new home and life’s next chapter.
OK, you’ve done the high-level overview. At some point, you’ll need to take a deep-dive into the myriad details you need to attend to.